Free Training for Young Adults Ages 18-25.
Receive an Amazon Gift Card! Food and Beverages Provided!
What will I learn?
- How substance use, mental health, and suicide risk can impact individuals, families and community.
- Participants will recognize stigma and related barriers that hinder treatment and recovery.
- Participants will become aware of community/state/national resources.
DAY #1: May 11th, 2018 from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Rhodes Hall-Room S163, Keene State College
After the completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the warning signs for suicide risk in an individual & be able to connect that person to community resources.
- Identify substance misuse issues in an individual and be able to talk openly with this person.
- Understand how mental health and substance misuse problems may contribute to greater suicide risk in an individual.
- Have a greater awareness of local and national substance use and suicide risk resources that can be accessed by individuals in need of treatment and seeking recovery.
YOU are a qualified Young Adult LEADER for the Connect Program if….
- You are comfortable with co-facilitation and presenting.
- You are able to commit to at least one training per year.
- You have a passion for the public health issues of substance misuse, mental health and suicide risk.
- You are a role model for your peers.
To register by email / phone contact Jane at:
email@example.com or 603-354-5454 Ext. 2313
To register online:
Register online via Survey Monkey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/WD9QJVS