This introductory workshop on addiction and recovery is designed to raise awareness and understanding of the dynamics and impact of addiction on people whom were serve. It will cover the neurological basis of addiction; mental, behavioral, emotional, and spiritual dimensions; stages of change; recovery; motivational techniques and resources.
- Describe the neurological process of addiction
- Explain how addiction manifests in various aspects of the whole person (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual)
- Identify the five stages of change
- Match intervention strategies to stages
- Access appropriate resources for addressing alcohol and other drug concerns
Pre-registration is required as seating is limited.
To register or for more information please contact Shannon Quinn, Training Coordinator
Location DMV Auditorium
Div. of Motor Vehicles
23 Hazen Dr.